I too have had a problem with purchasing non-expired bags of Fresh Pet that had a strange, sour smell.I was able to return the bags for a refund.

When I went to check out the Fresh Pet cooler, I also found several bags that had expired 4 months earlier. Complained to the manager and the bags were disposed of, but it made me realize that the product probably starts out fresh but there is no qualigy control after that...is it kept cold enough during transport?

Is anyone maintaining the temp of the coolers in the retail setting?Who is suppused to be getting rid of expired product?

Review about: Freshpet Select Tender Chicken With Crisp Carrots And Leafy Spinach Dog Food.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Freshpet?

Comments

Thank you for bringing this problem to pet owners.This was the same food that was fed to my two poodles while I was in the U.K.

Unfortunately the dog sitter didn't note if there was any issue with this bag. On return I purchased the rolls. Fed the Salmon, one dog was vomiting shortly thereafter. All attempts to save her were made at the emergency clinic.

She died the following day May 30, 2017.

Toxic poisoning.I'm devasted, and can't understand why this happy, heathy dog had to suffer such a terrible, painful death.This food does contain CARRAGEENAN.