158 views
Verified Reviewer

2.0

The expert reviews are good on Fresh Pets food, so when I saw a fridge in Tesco with this food in, I decided to buy one bag of small dog chicken, just for a trial. I gave both my schnauzers half a small bag between them at 2pm, and they guzzled it down.

They were then fed their usual raw food at 6pm, but during the night one of my boys was restless and got me up twice to be sick. The interesting thing was that the puke consisted of just the fresh pet food and bile but no raw, indicating that the raw which was fed 4 hours after the fresh pet, had been digested but not the fresh pet. On studying the contents of this food I see that the 'fat' content is very high, and it lacks enough fibre for some dogs, so if you have a dog prone to pancreatitis, I would NOT recommend this food.

My boy (the one that was sick) is prone to this condition, but has no problem with 'raw' fat on meat, just processed fat! So unfortunately I will not be feeding this food to my dogs again.

User's recommendation: A 'No No' for pancreatitis sufferers...

Preferred solution: I don't want anything, I'm just reviewing the product..

Comments