Verified Reviewer

Featured
2.0

I very had my terrier mix for 4 years and he was used to getting regular canned pedigree and kibble..however my husband gives him table scraps for years as well. I wanted to improve his diet ( no more scraps) and thought fresh pet would be a great alternative to canned food and kibble.

My 25lb terrier violently vomited 3 times within hours of eating fresh pet and kibble.

He does not have a sensitive stomach either .he was very lethargic and I was up all night with him . The next night I gave him kibble and canned food and he has not had any issues.i am CONVINCED it was the good .I checked for recalls, mold, reviews etc ..please beware do not buy this food

User's recommendation: DONT FEED YOUR DOG FRESHPET.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Comments

#2080696

Switching your dog’s food abruptly can cause gastrointestinal upset such as vomiting, diarrhea, and a decreased appetite. Any time you decide to change your dog’s food, you should transition to the new diet gradually in order to give your dog’s system time to adjust to the change.

Ideally, these transitions should happen over 5-7 days. During this transition, you will gradually incorporate more and more of the new food by mixing it with your dog’s current diet. For most dogs, a good diet transition will look like this: Day 1: 25% new diet and 75% old diet. Day 3: 50% new diet and 50% old diet.

Day 5: 75% new diet and 25% old diet. Day 7: 100% new diet.

Freshpet Reviews